Monday, July 20, 2009

One of the Greatest Video Game Titles Ever

You know when you see the title of something, and it makes you intensely interested in whatever it is.

I had that experience late last week.

I was doing some research on some Tactical/Strategic Role Playing Games, and I happened to be at the NIS America site (a company that has made most of the games of that type on the PS2) when a particular just released PSP title grabbed my attention.

Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do to Deserve This?

The title sort of reminds me of a movie/documentary starring Marlee Matlin called What the #$*! Do We Know!? , which from what I understand is also one of those strange conceptual pictures that is a documentary wrapped into a narrative film like beaten egg whites into a chiffon (ok, I admit I've been watching too many cooking shows as of late). And it also makes me think back to my third podcast when I played a song called "This Is Where the Robot Escapes His Evil Captor, Finds Raygun, Plots Revenge"

Basically, the goal of this game is you play the villain in a Role Playing-type game, and you must prevent heroes (you know, the lads and lasses you play as in most RPGs) from coming into your lair and taking you to justice. So you have to set up an ecosystem in your dungeon so that your various creatures of evil will survive and get stronger so they can take whatever the heroes who have come to stop your ultimate reign of evil can dish out and finish them off once and for all. And from what I've read, it is supposedly jam packed full of pop culture references and a wicked sense of humor (the latter I've just discovered playing Disgaea over the weekend).



I don't have a PSP, but I think the idea is certainly a winner. It may not be the prettiest game out there, but I can certainly forgive a great game for not being a looker. I did it for Fire Pro Wrestling Returns after all. If it ever gets ported to the Playstation 2, I'll be sure to pick it up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking out for this one. It'll probably be out in my part of the world somewhen next week since it seems to be out in the US.


On a side note, I haven't played anything on my psp since I got the ipod touch. I better start charging it up; it might be permanently dead already for all I know. :P

- RB

MC said...

Well, I've heard that most of the NIS games end up being better when they get ported to the DS anyway, so maybe you won't need the PSP after all. ;)