Saturday, June 26, 2010

Week 7: Pageant of the Transmundane

This week, Youtube added a feature that allows users to add the sound of vuvuzelas to videos by pressing on a soccer ball icon at the bottom. Yeah, you thought I was going to be the only one not making a joke about them, didn't you?

This week's winning entry comes to us from Stories From Suburbia.

In this case it is a fake CNN report about Toy Story 3 that careens into Tarantino Country. And it is pretty funny.

And because this is in the land of stylish homage, well, this bit of wonder from Max Glikman's Pulp Simpsons seemed the most appropriate.



Congrats David. Here is your badge.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogging village to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

This is not a meme. This is an award that I give out, and thus, I am not "tagging" you.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

EDIT: Wow, this is embarrassing. I somehow got the link to the original CNN story as the entry identifier. I don't know how that happened, but I apologize for that error and it has been corrected.

No comments: