Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Midweek Video: I Kissed a Girl (weird cover)

I am not a fan of Katy Perry's I Kissed a Girl... but because I've had a pretty strong love affair with cover versions, I thought, there must be another perspective on the song... you know, like a guy playing the song and keeping it lyrically intact while bringing new meaning to it... like a gay man who is struggling with heterosexual feelings.

Well, Fran Healy from Travis got exactly what I was thinking. I was hoping for maybe Harvey Fierstein, but what are you going to do.



And I must say, without all those crappy touches from circa 1992, it actually sounds like a decent song. Not a great song, but a decent one now.

2 comments:

Arjan said...

a Dutch guy made a remix changing it to 'I kissed your girl, and she liked it'.

Arjan said...

commenting too fast..really liked this version. sounds far less sweet.