Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday Night Video: Halcyon

I have a strange mental connection to this song. A lot of people associate this song with the movie Hackers, and while it is true, I could make that connection, but the same year that film came out, this Orbital tune also appeared at the very end of the Mortal Kombat movie. At the time, I thought it was a song by Stabbing Westward, and it wasn't until I caught the below video on a show called R U Receiving that my confusion finally came to an end.



Now what I discovered just today is the vocal sample in the above song was from It's a Fine Day by Opus III... and I tracked down a performance video from Top of the Pops II, which I think is a little bit weirder than the above video. I just sounds weird to me, and Kirsty Hawkshaw's hairdo is odd to say the least. I would consider it a minor transmundane event.

2 comments:

Micgar said...

Geez talk about trippy videos! I will never look at the dishwater the same again!

MC said...

Well, if a bald naked albino dude rises from your dishwater, run like the wind.