Friday, May 29, 2009

Week 3: Pageant of the Transmundane

Officials in Vietnam are trying to ban dancing in karaoke clubs. I guess the movie Footloose was just released there this year.... or at least that is as plausible an explanation as I can fathom.

Now, I had a tough choice this week as there were two entries which were similar, but both were equally strange celebrity related images. But in the end, both the improbability of the three celebs involved in one plus the wardrobe made one of the two entries in question stand above.

This week's winning entry arrives from...

...drum roll please...

Funktards.

I am not going to reveal the three people involved, or the circumstances... you just have to look on your own.

And after you see the entry in question, well, this picture I've chosen this week makes a lot more sense. I think you can find a Simpsons picture for anything now. I found this screengrab at simpsoncrazy.com, which joins Last Exit to Springfield in serving my transmundanity image needs.



Congrats Dalton for once again finding something so weird it could not be denied a prize.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

4 comments:

Dalton J. Fox said...

Thanks for the recognition, MC. I'm still baffled about why those three dudes were hanging out together. It's a mystery that likely remain unsolved.

Micgar said...

Maybe they are kinda in a club? Or little Gary isn't so "little" and Chewbacca is...well, Chewbacca?

MC said...

Dalton: It is Chewbacca that makes that image for me, because that dude has to go through wardrobe and makeup to show up like that... so it had to be something significant.

Micgar: Gary Coleman as a tripod? That is a scary thought.

Arjan said...

Random is thé word for it, brilliant.