Saturday, February 21, 2009

Week 41: Pageant of the Transmundane

It seems that for a moment the game Gran Turismo had become reality as police in Greenville, New York pulled over a 1993 Honda Civic doing 137 MPH. Outside of that game, I thought the only way to get one up to that speed was to drop one from the sky. Wait, I think even then, it would top out at 120.

What can top real life? We shall soon see.

This week's winning entry comes from Kindertrauma, a repository of childhood terrors.

Now, there are any number of items at that site that qualify as transmundane, it's true, but this week, I've decided to reward a find they posted which was really topical: a parody of The Wrestler featuring an unlikely new lead character.

Now, I could find a picture which wrecked the surprise, but really, in this case, the surprise is half the fun. So I've chosen the cover of the Simpsons Wrestling game for the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award image. Appropriate, understated though I wouldn't say fun.



Congrats to you Uncle Lancifer for pulling off this win. Here is your badge.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

2 comments:

Arjan said...

only the name of the site deserves the trophy haha. I was expecting a .nl url though.

The song behind the vid sounds like it cóuld also have been sung be Bruce Springsteen :P

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....