Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Awesome Old Isuzu commercials

There are a lot of technically sound car commercials these days, but part of me thinks we've lost our sense of wonder and expectation of risk when it comes to the medium.

After seeing these old Japanese ads for the Isuzu Gemini from 1985... before the days of CGI, so this is pure stunt driving. I am especially impressed by some of the drift work near the end of the spots.



I think if I saw these when I was a kid, I would have wanted an Isuzu Gemini when I grew up. Of course, I wonder what the original music was like, as it had to be better than the music on this video (which is She Moves by Karaja).

2 comments:

Arjan said...

funny thing is, I stumbled on this vid by coincidence on youtube about a month ago, seeing it for the first time.
One hell of a commercial.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

(This is not a comment on this specific post. I failed to find your email and therefore write you here instead. Please contact me by email. Carl@factualtv.com)

My name is Carl and I represent factualTV. A themed intereset web tv site. We were recently mentioned in an article in c21.

I wonder if you would consider mentioning us in your blog or just post a link? Is there a mailadress on which I could contact you? If so please let me know, I would like to send you some material and also answer any questions that you might have.

All the best,

Carl

Carl@factualtv.com
http://www.factualtv.com