Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Now that's a lot of traffic!

I had to replace my modem today and when I finally got back online, I discovered something wonderful!

My recent article on Jodie Foster badmouthing Sin City had made its way to the front page of the IMDB.

Now, I've had some good days in terms of traffic, but I've never had a day like this before. I haven't even had a month like this before. It looks I have a shot of reaching at least ten thousand hits today. When I first saw the stats, I nearly fell out of my chair.

I am shocked and awed by it all and I'd like to thank everyone who has read my little blog today. I appreciate it.

Oh, and I'd also like to say Happy Birthday to Karl of Secondhand Tryptophan. Hope your return to radio goes well, but with Hilly by your virtual side, I think it is going to go very well.

14 comments:

Jeff Vaca said...

I'm in awe, especially considering that I got excited over the weekend about 30 hits in one day. Congratulations - and it was a great post, by the way.

J.D. said...

10,539 so far.

Holy crap.

In one day, you have gotten more hits than my entire blog's existance.

Awesome. Congrats!

J.D. said...

10,551...

J.D. said...

10,568...

You're getting a hit every four/five seconds! Holy Jesus!

Bart said...

Once again, congratulations. Hopefully you'll snag a few readers like myself who plan to stick around and add to those daily totals. You have to think even if you keep 10% of those hits you've made out like a bandit.

Semaj said...

Yeah, this is big, kind of reminds me of that time I made it on digg.

Congrats, it was a very good post.

MC said...

Jeff: 30 hits certainly isn't anything to sneeze at, I mean, there have been quite a few weekends where I wished I hit that plateau. I have been remiss lately as I haven't dropped by your blog as often as I should have. But that is because I forgot to add you to my bloglines, an oversight I will soon remedy.

J.D.: You'll probably be getting some more traffic soon, as I will likely be going through your back blogalog and adding some of your interesting entries to their rotation.

Bart: I hope you enjoy using Strip Generator as well. Thanks for dropping by. :)

Semaj: I've never had something take off on Digg. That is like the final frontier of traffic generation for me... I don't think I will ever have something blow up there.

MC said...

I meant to add that even if I kept 1% of the new traffic, I would be more than happy... because yesterday, I had 46 visitors, so 100 extra people a day would be fabulous.

Bart said...

I hope I enjoy it, too, and thanks for using it, thereby cluing me in to its existence.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting whored out at IMDB like a Hollywood bimbo. :)

MC said...

They painted me up really pretty like...

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Now the pressure really sets in... ; )

Micgar said...

Oh my Lord! 10k + hits!?? I am lucky (like Jeff said) if I get 30 a day! Please send some of that sweet traffic my way would ya?!

MC said...

Chris: Pressure? There's no pressure... all that traffic came and went... like I was a detour from a major highway for a day.

Micgar: I tried to spread some of it around, really I did.