Saturday, January 13, 2007

Week 35: Pageant of the Transmundane

Welcome to the thirty-fifth weekly awarding of the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award, which means that we are only 17 awards away from the annual awards. Yes, there will be a best-of-the-best ceremony/vote when that time comes for those of you who asked about it.

Now, with that news out of the way, I can continue with this week's award. I found a blog earlier this week called Rodney Anonymous and it was much to my liking. And when I saw his entry that parodied the infamous Dateline NBC To Catch a Predator specials, with a very special perpetrator, well, it had to get the nod this week over some other quality supernatural action.

The whole episode was well done with just a hint of blasphemy, and we all know that a bit of blasphemy tastes better than saffron. I don't know what that means, but it sounded good in my head.

So in honor of this momentous event, a Homer Simpson Transmundanity image of some subtly seemed most appropriate.



Congratulations Rodney for winning this week's award. Here is a button for your site if you want to display this award.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

3 comments:

robkroese said...

I nice little bit of blasphemy it is, too.

Mel said...

Oh, man, I LOVE that! Hysterical. That right there is genius at work.

(BTW, dude... e-mail me, would you? I broke my goddamn template yet-the-fuck-again.)

MC said...

Diesel: I guess it makes those lost years from the bible make more sense... because I am sure Jesus's little pals were thought his mom was a MILF.

mel: I set you up with some advice yes.