Friday, July 19, 2013

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Day 9

Finally, a day in this sale that I might actually buy something. How did that happen?

Today's theme is Skyrim, though at the moment they don't seem to be getting the postcards right.


Daily Deals

Skyrim 40% off (35.99) Third time it has been on sale in the past 8 days.

Monaco 50% off (7.44) One of the games I may buy from today's sale. This is a simple looking coop heist game with a lot of character and variability. It looks like a lot of fun.

Metro Last Light 40% off (29.99) A great shooter. Tough on hardware I've heard. Maybe you should wait for a slightly better price though.

Grid 2 40% off (29.99) Repeat from a flash sale.

Trials Evolution Gold Edition 50% off (9.99) A port of a challenging console bike game which presents you with nearly impossible courses to try to master. In some ways it reminds me of Line Rider.

Eve Online 75% off (4.98) Starter pack for an MMO with a subscription fee.

Train Simulator 2013 80% off (10.99) The DLC is how they make their money on this... 1200 dollars of it so far and that is the sales price. Then again, I don't know how much model train stuff costs these days.

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition 75% off (4.99) Another game I may buy today or tomorrow, although I have heard that getting a non-enhanced version from somewhere like GOG and adding mods myself ends up being a better game than this particular release. I guess it depends on how lazy I am.

Civilization 5 75% off (7.49) Well, I said it would be a daily deal at some point in the sale.

Awesomenauts 66% off (3.39) A side scrolling MOBA game with decent reviews. None of the characters are behind a paywall and the DLC is purely cosmetic. A maybe for me.
 

Flash Sales

Round 1 1PM-9PM

Fable III 75% off (4.99) I've read it is the weakest of the series and the Steam page says it installs Securom. Pass for me.

Star Trek 75% off (7.49) Avoid. This is a bad game. A bad, bad game.

Rayman Origins 66% off (6.79) A highly recommended platformer with a whimsical sense of humor and lovely color palette.

Portal 2 75% off (4.99) A great game that you should buy if you don't own it.


Round 2 9PM-5AM

Repeats of FTL, Hitman Absolution and Fallout New Vegas and a 40 dollar pack for a FTP game called Star Conflict.

Round 3 5AM-1PM

Repeats of the Tomb Raider, Stardrive and Kerbal Space Program sales.

Towns 66% off (5.09) I was genuinely interested in this game. But I've found out that for all intents and purposes it is still a beta and it seems to be getting worse not better. The review scores are pretty bad too. It was supposed to be a game like Dwarf Fortress, so it is complex, but apparently it is also very buggy.



 --

My Steam Summer Sale Running Total: $92.75 - Euro Truck Simulator 2, Scribblenauts Unlimited, RPG Maker VX Ace and the addons, To the Moon and Deadlight, 17 Summer Sale card earned, 3 sold, 1 traded, 1 badge made and a Football Manager Summer Sale background bought for 3 cents. 

No comments: