Monday, July 15, 2013

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Day 5

So we are nearing the halfway point of this sale and it has been a little slow for me... I've only bought 2 games and a program so far, so I'm feeling sort of disciplined at the moment. I may end up buying some DLC before 1PM tomorrow, but I am still uncommitted to that.

I am hoping some more of the things I would like to buy get a Daily or Flash sale (like maybe a 33% off sale for Rogue Legacy). That being said, there are a lot of quality games today in the Daily Deals.

Today's Summer Sales' theme is Reus.

Daily Deals

Reus 50% off (4.99) A game where you try to rehabilitate a planet with giants. Or that's what I got out of the Let's try videos I've seen of it. Looks like a fun little niche title.

Dawn of War II Retribution 75% off (7.49) A Warhammer RTS with a faction campaigns that intermingle, encouraging multiple playthroughs with different armies. It is also relatively well reviewed.

Dishonored 66% off (10.19) A very interesting IP, and one that I will likely be exploring after Christmas. I really like what I've seen of this game.

Wargame: Airland Battle 50% off (19.99) The sequel to Wargame: European Escalation, this is a real time tactical game which allows players to fight a conventional war against the Soviet Union in the mid-1970's in the European theater. The first game took place in Germany and this game takes the war to Scandinavia, with the addition of air units and a more dynamic campaign. I really want to buy this, but I think I will wait a bit.

Castle Crashers 75% off (3.74) A really fun retro hack and slash game with 4 player coop. I highly recommend it.

Terraria 75% off (2.49) A 2D sidescrolling game with elements similar to Minecraft (using that as a comparison only). I like that price, and I know a lot of people love this game. I liked it myself, but I didn't get as into it as others, so I can't really talk about it's longevity, but I have seen some of the things people have built in it and it does look cool.

Max Payne 3 75% off (9.99) A very good third person shooter. I think I've seen a better price from this on Amazon a few times though as part of a larger bundle.

Killing Floor 80% off (3.99) This was on sale for this price for a while right before the sale. I am not a huge fan of Tripwire's games, but I know a lot of people who love them, so you may enjoy this zombie shooting FPS yourself.

Dust an Elysian Tale 50% off (7.49) Watching the trailer, it reminds me very much of Odin Sphere, and that is not a bad thing at all. A side scrolling 2D Action RPG is almost always a good thing.

Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion 75% off (9.99) A really good 4X RTS-type game, now with a greater number of factions than before. I can't complain about that price either.


Flash Deals

Round 1 1PM-9PM

Bioshock Infinite 50% off (29.99) This time around, it doesn't look like there is a better competing sale price from GMG.

Knights of the Old Republic II 66% off (3.39) I've seen this got 75% off in the past. On the plus side, recently there was a mod that reintegrated a lot of the material that was cut from the game for it to make it to release on time, so it is now a much fuller package than before thanks to the modding community.

Organ Trail 75% off (1.24) A zombie based parody of the Oregon Trail. It is a good price for that sort of thing.

Mirror's Edge 70% off (5.99) Another game that has been 5 dollars a lot of different sales. But it is a quality title.

Round 2 9PM-5AM

Crusader Kings 2 75% off (9.99) I love Crusader Kings 2. Love it. I am a little disappointed that there is no discount on any of the most recent DLC releases though, but for everything else, this is a really good price.

Unreal Tournament 2004 75% off (3.74) Unreal Tournament is an awesome game. I liked 2004 a little bit less, but it was still pretty fun.

Primal Carnage 66% off (5.09) Heard this one is a little underwhelming, but it is better than Dino D-Day. Then again, most things are.

FEAR 3 75% off (4.99)  I heard that this isn't as scary as the earlier entries, but it is a very decent shooter in and of itself.

Round 3 5AM-1PM

Don't Starve 40% off (8.99) I wrote about this on Day One. It looks good, but I am going to wait for another sale to buy it.

3DMark 66% off (8.49) It is benchmarking software, not a game.

Galactic Civilizations II 75% off (4.99) I don't like turn based strategy games. Nonetheless, when I played this I could tell it was a quality title.

Carrier Command Gaea Mission 75% off (8.24) This is not good. Don't buy it. Especially since Bohemia Interactive's other military games are on sale right now.



--

My Steam Summer Sale Running Total: $85.78 - Euro Truck Simulator 2, Scribblenauts Unlimited and RPG Maker VX Ace and the addons, 12 Summer Sale card earned.

No comments: