Monday, March 14, 2011

Steven Soderbergh Says He Is Retiring After His Next Two Movies

In a radio interview, Steven Soderbergh has claimed he is going to retire from the industry after he finishes working on Liberace and The Man From U.N.C.L.E., and I hope he keeps his word (for honesty's sake, not from any antipathy from me).

But he won't. There will be some other movie that he wants to make and people will forget that he said this.

I mean, I remember when Liam Neeson was going to retire. He was done with making movies. This was a few years ago. At any point did he disappear from films for a prolonged length of time? No.

I hate to keep saying this, but really, if you want to retire from the business, just stop taking work. You don't have to announce it.

Because how can we miss you when you won't go away.

No comments: