Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Breaking Dawn Movies Getting Toned Down

You remember how as a Twilight hater, I was sort of excited about the prospect of the film(s) being made from Breaking Dawn because of how insane some of the events in the plot were.

Well, it seems that the writer and the director, wanting to keep the movie's rating appropriate for most of the audience, are having all that awesomely gruesome and bizarre stuff occur off screen.

Yes, there are spoilers ahead, though I have a feeling that if you are a Twilight fan, you already know what I am going to talk about and if you are not, you aren't going to care.

I mean, if anything, showing tweens a movie where a) the female protagonist is literally knocked unconscious by how rough the losing of her virginity was b) having her back broken by a kick from the half-vampire child in her womb and c) the horrors of having a child literally bitten out of her belly by Edward, would likely make young women maybe hold back on having sex for a little bit longer. Or however those scare tactics work.

I understand why they are doing this from an economic point of view, but I really wanted to see the warped stuff. The prospect that something was going to be all kinds of good grindhouse style warped got my hopes up. But I should have expected them to tone things down, because I am certainly not the audience they are trying to appeal to.

Of course, I haven't heard anything about the werewolf pedophilia, so I am assuming that at least that part is safe.

Hmmm, werewolf pedophilia sounds like the name of an indie band, doesn't it?

No comments: