Saturday, May 22, 2010

Week 2: Pageant of the Transmundane

A woman near Sunderland, England was fined for picking up the wrong canine feces recently. Her dog dropped some pups off at the park, and a woman picked up another dog's leavings accidentally. After having it pointed out to her by the enforcement officer, she picked up her dog's droppings as well, but she still got fined.

I am wondering how bad someone has to screw up as a cop (or maybe how well they have to do in their job) to get the dog park bylaw enforcement gig.

Anyway, this week's winning entry comes to us from the blog, The Robot's Pajamas.

As recommended by Maven through Stumbleupon, the winning entry critiques (ahem mocks ragther) something very much worth the effort: a Chick pamphlet about Dungeons and Dragons.

And because this week's winning entry has to do with role playing, well, an image from The Simpsons Game parodying MMORPG's, the spiritual descendants of Dungeons and Dragons, seemed to be most in keeping with the theme.



Congrats Vincent and Babette. Here is your badge.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogging village to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

This is not a meme. This is an award that I give out, and thus, I am not "tagging" you.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

2 comments:

John said...

The problem with Chick tracts....

Wait, let me begin again.

One of the many problems with Chick tracts is that it's hard to tell when you're looking at an authentic one and when you've got a parody.

Arjan said...

Just awesome.

I know there's this article about Warhammer 40K that goes into how warhammer really turns kids into warmongering fascists etc.. I can't seem to find the link at the moment but it had me laughing out loud a while back.