Wednesday, April 21, 2010

You Know Things Are Bad When Even Your Dreams Have In-Jokes

The whole dream isn't important to this story... just one small aspect which stuck with me.

In the dream, me and my friend were in a book store, and my friend was listening to an audio book called "The Simpsons with Descriptions for the Visually Impaired by Charlton Heston", and I asked them if I could listen to it, and it was the scene from the episode Last Exit to Springfield which leads up to Homer punching Lenny in the back of the head. The audio is the 12th entry on that page.



So I heard that clip and then Charlton Heston saying "Homer got the Comeuppance he sought".

Upon waking and thinking about the dream, I realized that it was in fact Phil Hartman doing his impression of Charlton Heston, one which he had done on The Simpsons, including an episode called "A Star is Burns".

Why do I mention that particular episode? Well, one of the last things I watched last night was The Critic, and Jay Sherman happened to be a guest character on that episode of The Simpsons.

And it in general, the above dream sequence was very much like a joke that someone would have written for an episode of The Simpsons.

At least the Comic Book Guy didn't show up and tell me "Worst Dream Ever".

1 comment:

John said...

You'll get my donut when you pry it from my cold dead hands.