Tuesday, April 20, 2010

James Bond Delayed... Indefinitely

You know, when I said that I was unhappy with the prospects of Lady Gaga doing the next Bond theme, I didn't really want that outcome to be stopped this way.

Yes, because the future of MGM, which is 3.7 billion dollars in debt is currently unresolved, series producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli have put the series on indefinite hiatus.

Now, I don't think this is going to be the same kind of indefinite hiatus that I always take to mean a band has almost certainly broken up permanently.

I fully expect that there will be another James Bond movie. They are too profitable not to reemerge at some point in the future.

I could have made a martini or Bond title pun somewhere in all this, but I've left you all traumatized by yesterday's geekypic, so I thought better of it.

2 comments:

poppedculture said...

Hiatus? No! Daniel Craig is kicking ass as Bond and he won't wait around forever.

MC said...

Yeah, I think he does have a limited shelf-life playing the character.