Sunday, December 27, 2009

Guest Post and My Moment of the Year

Remember how I said I was going to be posting sporadically? Well, things just keep happening that aren't letting me get away with that, because I have two new things to report, and I don't think they will wait until tomorrow to talk about.

The first regards a guest post I recently had published at the blog Wrestlegasm, a funny little romp called Cutting a Promo for Beginners, which is filled with both wrestling and pop culture references, because as you know, that is just how I roll. Now I knew that it was going to appear there as I had had a heart to heart with the lovely Ray Davies and she agreed to give me a chance to do the occasion guest post there because I really love her sense of humor and her take on wrestling in general.

In the end, I was quite pleased with the results.

And the second thing is in a way tied to the above item. You see, last night I noticed I was getting hits from a post placement arranged through the blog syndication service BlogBurst, and I just had to see what was going on. Well, the Chicago Sun-Times had picked up one of my stories for exposure on their site (which isn't extremely out of the ordinary based on my history at the site), but I don't think the person who picked the story looked at the image that went along with it.

Can you see something about that image that perhaps shouldn't be on that site? A particular word which both I and a certain black actor love to say all the time.

Yeah. As I said on Facebook when I talked about this and the title alludes to it... this was the Moment of the Year for me!

I like some of the captions that Ray Davies puts on her wrestling recap pictures that I thought I would do that myself... with a sly little reference to Hot Fuzz. Didn't think that it would end up on a major newspaper's site though.

I was laughing so hard last night, I thought I was going to fall over.

No comments: