Saturday, September 26, 2009

Week 20: Pageant of the Transmundane

I usually preface these entries with a bit of weird news, but that whole Mackenzie Phillips as an adult having an incestuous affair her dad for a decade thing really defines transmundanity, so nothing else in the news really tops that.

This week's winning entry comes from the blog Hunting Lodge and features a series of anatomical images of various Japanese Supermonsters.

And since the winning entry this week has to do with interior view of a series of fictional characters, well, this oldie seems to be appropriate (and since I used a Homer Vs. Godzilla picture a few weeks ago, well, I didn't want to go to that well again so soon).



Congrats to the crew at the Hunting Lodge. Huzzah!



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

No comments: