Friday, August 28, 2009

Week 16: Pageant of the Transmundane

A man in Sweden was arrested for trying to sell some jewels. What? Not bizarre enough for you? How about this added fact: the man who the goods were offered to was a jeweler whose house had been broken into the previous night, and those gems were in fact, his property. Naturally the nimrods involved got busted. So I guess the moral of the story is to fence things outside of town.

This week's winning entry comes for the blog Turksville, a blog I found through No Smoking In the Skullcave.

The winning entry is something that looks very Victorian, and it is sort of freaky looking to me. It is the front cover of a book. Yes, the book has a title which is risque now, but it is the illustrations that made this entry a winner.

And like last time, I am presenting the Homer Simpson image without commentary, as I want the entry to be seen first, rather than me really indicating what it is.



So congratulations Phil Turk for freaking me out a little bit this week. Not a lot, just a little bit. ;) Here is your badge.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Goo Goo Land? RECITATION Land?