Friday, August 14, 2009

Week 14: Pageant of the Transmundane

In the world of wacky news, a balding penguin was given a wetsuit to a) stop it from getting sunburn and b)to help it swim. My guess is someone was watching swimming and noticed everyone wearing skull caps and put two and two together.

Anyway, while this week's winner can be related to the above story in some rather odd ways, it also stands alone as a rather disturbing and odd glimpse into a corner of handicraft I never really wanted to explore, but now I feel compelled to look at.

But this isn't sexual. No, that would be too easy and frankly, given that almost every other winning entry in the Pageant of the Transmundane was clearly not sexually motivated, well, again it will not be that.

Instead it is a view into Taxidermy. And not just any kind of taxidermy... Crappy Taxidermy.

I can't make a decision on any particular entry, so following in the footsteps of other winning entries, the entire blog wins the award.

And since this week's winner has to do with stuffing animals, well, it seemed appropriate to show Homer sitting amongst a large number of them. As I've said before, you can find an image to celebrate almost any Transmundanity win on The Simpsons.



I don't know who on the site to congratulate, but I would like to note that friend of Culture Kills and multiple Transmundanity award winner Maven was the one who brought this shudder-inducing blog to my attention.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

1 comment:

Arjan said...

there are some very disturbing mixes.