Sunday, August 09, 2009

Sunday Video: Here's Where the Story Ends

Yeah, I think it is obvious that for all intents and purposes, the Sunday and to a lesser extent Midweek videos are my attempt at remembering songs from the 1960's through 1990's. I've accepted that.

Though perhaps my upcoming entries for this will show a little more of my geekish side.

Anyway, this is Here's Where the Story Ends by The Sundays. I remember back when my nation's music video network used to show Spotlights for various artists, and I happened to catch one for The Sundays, which is where I first encountered this song. Then I loved it again on Launchcast and it resulted in me buying the CD. And now I am sharing it with all of you.



See, the thing I like about this is the fact that as the song goes on, the chorus subtly changes, changing the original version of how the events that were recounted were remembered.

2 comments:

Arjan said...

the way she sings makes it a bit hard to understand sometimes, but I like the song.

*word verification: 'ecomill'
these things get crazier by the day.

MC said...

Her intonation was indeed a frequent complaint in the reviews of their work.