Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Goozex!

I've written about Goozex in the past, and I've been a proud member of this game trading service for about a year now, and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Sure there have been a few little tweaks to things since I started there, but the core experience has remained the same... people trading games with a good deal of assurance that if something goes wrong, there is a system in place to protect you. And it is comforting to know

But I have loved my time at Goozex. I've ended up getting so much good stuff there that I otherwise would have been denied or had to pay a much higher price for if I had tried to find them Ebay or other services. I mean, over the past year, I've gotten 50 games from other gamers through Goozex over the past 15 months from the proceeds of about 15 games I wasn't playing and/or finished. To me, that is a good payoff for my investment. I think there are very few places in the world, especially in game sales, that you could make a deal like that.

And the somewhat egalitarian nature of the matching system (which is first come, first served), means that if you are patient, you will eventually get what you want. And because the site acts sort of like a central bank between members, you don't have to find someone who has what you want and wants something you have, you simply trade your items for points which you use to pay for the stuff you want. It is very simple and elegant and standardized... and I think that is what I like most about it.

So happy birthday Goozex. It has been a heck of run so far and I am really looking forward to what is to come (and what I might get off of there next ;)

I admit that while my love of the service knows few bounds, I am getting a little something extra for writing about it again (namely a trade credit, allowing me to get one more game, so I am getting a present for celebrating it). You know I am about the full disclosure after all.

No comments: