Friday, November 07, 2008

Week 26: Pageant of the Transmundane

Good News everyone... you're going to the Death Nebula to collect chronotons to... err... wrong Groening property there. DOH!

You have to admit, you've been getting sick of the fake travelogue openings for the Transmundanity Awards... they are becoming hackneyed and decadent.

This week's Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award is being bestowed upon an entry posted at Awesomeness for Awesome's Sake, a blog I found while browsing the sidebar at No Smoking in the Skullcave.

Aside from pictures of lactating women and such, there was also a rather interesting take on It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown... just keep watching it and something strange and wonderful will start to happen 45 seconds into the clip. It is worth seeing.

And because this entry is a belated Halloween entry, it seems fitting that the image which celebrates it is also Halloween related, in this case, the gaping maw and brightly colored face of Homer Simpson as carved into a pumpkin. I thought it was some excellent work, whether it be a real carving or a photoshop creation.



Congrats um... Mr. Can-A-Corn. Here is your web badge recognizing your win.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Waitaminit. You mean to say those openings were fake?

Another dream dies...

Loved this one. Loved. It.

Arjan said...

great stuff.
oh and btw..can you do something about that Seth Rogen auto-play? It's driving me insane.

MC said...

Megan: Unfortunately, I am not the world traveller I am in my Transmundanity award posts... WAH!

Arjan: I've changed it... I was hoping it was going to get bumped to the next page today, but it is still there, so now it is a link.