Friday, October 17, 2008

Week 23: Pageant of the Transmundane

Hello from Three Mile Island, Pennsylvania. I think I saw a goat with 5 legs a minute ago.. no wait, it is 4 legs and um, something a male goat is supposed to have... you get the picture. Though I am worried by those security guards running at me... perhaps I should make a hasty exit from this location and get on with the show.

This week's winning entry comes from C3 Fun, who has once again found an artifact online which was so bizarre it had to win.

In a post featuring a faux McCain attack ad, there was a second unrelated video which is just nightmarishly creepy. I mean, as soon as I saw it earlier this week, there could be no other winner, and there were a lot of quality early entries.

And since this is one of the weirdest things to win the Pageant of the Transmundane, I thought it was only fitting to choose an equally bizarre Homer Simpson image, one which I found as an entry in a Freaking News Photoshop contest.



Congratulations Michael. Here is your badge.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

5 comments:

Arjan said...

I don't know which vid was weirder, the McCain add or the 2nd one..which ..I don't know how to describe.

Micgar said...

Thanks again, Matt! That vid, is, something else! What kind of something else is another question!

elgringo said...

That was such a creepy video.
Yuck.

MC said...

Arjan: Sadly, the former is closer to reality than I would like to admit.

Micgar: Why do you think I referenced Three Mile Island?

Elgringo: But you have to admit it was weird enough to win.

Micgar said...

Yeah 3 Mile Island fits-sure does!!