Friday, September 05, 2008

Week 17: Pageant of the Transmundane

Hello from somewhere near Fargo, North Dakota. My, the black flies get really big up here. I think I saw one humping the statue of Babe the Blue Ox.

Anyhoo, this week's winning entry comes from Kirk Demarais's Secret Fun Blog.

Being a pop cultural junkie I couldn't help but be impressed by hisseries of movie-inspired family portraits which are both intriguing and evocative of their respective films and time periods. It is truly some awe-inspiring work.

And because this week's winner has to do with family portraits, it seemed fitting to use a Simpson family portrait, one which I think is applicable to at least two of the family portraits Kirk painted, for this Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award. Huzzah!



Congratulations Kirk. Here is your web badge.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

5 comments:

Arjan said...

Nice paintings, although I don't know the families...I think.

MC said...

You may know them from the movies... but if you haven't seen them, then likely they will be a mystery.

Micgar said...

Those were pretty good representations of those families. Kinda surreal when you see them like that "on canvass"!

Kirk D. said...

Hey, thanks! (sorry to be so late on the draw) I love Homer Simpson and I love inspiring awe. The honor is all mine.

MC said...

Kirk, showing up is always a good thing. Glad you appreciate the award. :)