Friday, August 29, 2008

Week 16: Pageant of the Transmundane

Hello from the year 2525. Somehow I got caught up in the lyrics of mediocre song for the 1960's and ended up here. Fortunately, they have their stuff together when it comes to wormholes up here, so I am able to transmit this missive before heading back myself... though they do say the process of moving humans this way usually results in your head getting much bigger, black eyes, grey skin and baldness, but I guess that is just the price I am going to have to come back to the present. Especially since I know who wins the Superbowl and the upcoming election (as well as the next 48 winning entries of this particular contest).

This week's winning entry comes from C3Fun, which has always been a repository for the strange.

I'll admit that the description vastly undersells why I chose this week's winner. I mean, it is just a video showing just how bad of a singer Britney Spears was. I know it doesn't sound transmundane at first blush, but wow... it really is stunning. If she came to American Idol with that, they would have stopped her and insulted her as a group.

I don't really consider this kicking her while she is down, because that audio feed and the video that accompanies it were from when she did that HBO special... so I feel guilt free on this one.

And since this week's winning entry is music related, what better way to commemorate it than with a little bit of Homer in Sadgasm from "That 90's Show". What would you have picked for this week's Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award? The Barber Shop Quartet? Rock Camp? I don't think so.



Congrats Michael, and here is your web badge for this win.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

1 comment:

Micgar said...

Matt-Thank you, Thank you! I can't believe I am Transmundane again! Yes! Thanks! That clip is something else, huh?!