Saturday, July 12, 2008

Week 9: Pageant of the Transmundane

Well, I almost handed out the Krusty this week to a blog centered on a single theme. Almost. But then, I read something so exquisitely well crafted and so tailored to my tastes, and well, I just had to recognize it.

Burbanked almost snuck this one by me this morning, but our crack research team (an intrepid lad who looks strikingly like me), found it and saw the beauty contained within.

What did Alan do to win this award? Nothing much... well, except for weaving movie cliches and verse together into a neat little package.

And I guess it doesn't hurt that I sell a related t-shirt. I mean great minds think alike.

Because this week's winning entry is movie related, well, wouldn't the most appropriate picture be one that was used to advertise the Simpsons Movie? I thought so, and thus ran with the following for the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award this week:



Congrats Alan... just think, if you win again in the next 35 weeks, you can get the Triple Crown to go with your two Super Transmundanity Awards.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

9 comments:

Megan said...

Okay it just took me about 20 minutes to buy a shirt.

I'm nervous....

MC said...

20 minutes? Wow... I didn't know that Spreadshirt made the process that time consuming, but I guess as a conscientious store owner, I should have familiarized myself more intimately with the ordering process before asking the same of my peers.

I do appreciate that you took the time to complete the transaction though... as you are now my first customer.

Burbanked said...

Whoo-hoo! Thanks, Matt! I am once again humbled and gratified. And humblified.

Megan said...

I should have added the info that I was slightly impaired at the time.

I'll let you know when I get it!

MC said...

Burbanked: At least you ain't horrified.

Megan: I've been there... though I haven't been in that county in a while now.

Anonymous said...

I'm stuck on that image of Homer combing the pig and the caption... seems so anti-PETA-esque, no? (not that there's anything right or wrong with it--just an observation.)

MC said...

It is a good observation.

Micgar said...

With all those ref's its amazing how succinct it is! Great!

MC said...

That's the hallmark of genius.