Friday, May 30, 2008

Express Checkout: Hits, Twix. and Twits

  • You know what I would love to play in video game form? Rollerball. Not the version in that crappy Chris Klein/Jean Reno/LL Cool J remake, but the kickass, ahead of its time, balls to the wall vision of James Caan smashing some skulls while taking on some mighty corporate giants. Alas, I don't think Norman Jewison would be too into that idea, as he was horrified that people enjoyed watching the spectacle of the in-movie sport and had even pitched making a real-life (though far safer) version of it with leagues and such.

  • There is a new Twix commercial playing, and as far as I remember, it is the first time I've seen an ad on television that actually used the words blog and blogging. Of course, someone can likely find an ad that pre-dates this, and I would love to hear about it or see it, because to me, watching a new phenomenon or product emerge into popular culture is utterly fascinating.

  • The Enemy of your Enemy is not necessarily your friend. Case in point: Evangelical tool Kirk Cameron is going after Scientology. Ooh... I don't know who to root for in that one. I think it is Cameron by a nose because I've hated the cult longer.

No comments: