Friday, February 01, 2008

Week 38: Pageant of the Transmundane

Another week, another winner... who'd have thunk it? Well, I would have of course.

Let's see... hmmm... just seven weeks ago, Tuffy of Fandumb won a Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for the first time, and now, she has won her second. The shortest number of weeks between two wins so far has been 6, so this second win is pretty damn fancy too.

And just what did Tuffy do to earn this honor? Well, she is pulling a code orange/red on the Blogger Burnout scale, and decided that all this week, she would post a series of Yakety Sax mashup parody videos, and she found one that, well, I am going to hell for laughing at. You see, it is that famous Benny Hill chase music over The Passion of the Christ. With Sound Effects.

Now, I am somewhat disappointed that I couldn't find the image I wanted to present with this award... which was Helen Fielding, a guy in a gorilla suit and the cast of the Simpsons doing the whole Benny Hill thing, but alas, I had to make a substitution for Bart and Homer tossing Jesus up on a blanket in Catholic Heaven, which is related to the winning entry, but just doesn't feel like the best fit in my eyes. Oh well, it was the best I could come up with.



Congrats Tuffy on shocking your way to the top of the heap this week.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

6 comments:

poppedculture said...

Wonderfully twisted. Nice choice.

Micgar said...

That clip was crazy awesome! The music and the sound effects fit so well with the events! Yes twisted indeed!

MC said...

I will say that some weeks are easier than others to pick a winner... and that video REALLY stood out. I am trying to think of what kind of thing could have beat it this week because it was gold, blasphemous gold.

Micgar said...

That was just perfect-the music was diametrically opposed to the events, and that, well, made movie magic.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, MC!

I think it was the sound effects that really made this clip. None of the other Yaketys I looked at used them.

MC said...

And sound effects are sort of integral to the whole Benny Hill vibe.