Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Trick or Treat: Halloween Meme

I nabbed this sweet little Halloween meme from over in Samurai Frog's neck of the woods, and I thought it was worth doing.

1. What is your favorite work of horror fiction?

Though some of you may disagree, but I'd have to say Shirley Jackson's The Lottery.

2. Who is your favorite monster?

Well, Godzilla, but that doesn't really fit with the horror theme... so I would have to say either The Thing as imagined by John Carpenter or the full grown variety of the Alien.

3. What horror movie gives you the most chills?


I think the original Wicker Man is still pretty damn freaky, with The Shining right up there.

4. Freddy versus Jason?

Freddy has all the personality.

5. Ghosts or goblins?

Goblins. Ghosts are only good for busting.

6. What is your scariest encounter with the paranormal?

Bah. I live a life of stunning coincidences, not of paranormal encounters.

7. Do you believe in ghosts?

In a word? No.

8. Favorite Halloween costume?


That I've ever worn? Probably my Radiation suit. On other people... well, if it was a woman wearing it, any costume with the word "naughty" in front of it.

9. If you had an unlimited budget, what would your fantasy costume be for this Halloween?

A fully gelatinous blob.

10. When was the last time you went trick or treating?

19 years ago.

11. What's your favorite Halloween candy?

Funsize Wunderbars.

12. Tell us about a scary nightmare you had.

When I was a child, I had a dream that I was a news reporter and a drunk killed me by pouring beer in my ear.

13. What is your supernatural fear?


Zombies are both my strength and weakness.

14. What is your creepy-crawlie fear?

I don't like the centipedes.

15. Would you ever stay in a real haunted house overnight?

It depends on if it was a nice place otherwise. I mean, I wouldn't just go sleep in a condemned and dilapidated house, if you know what I mean.

16. Are you a traditionalist (just a face) Jack O'Lantern carver, or do you get really creative with your pumpkins?

I'm very traditional.

17. How much do you decorate your home for Halloween?

Not too much. No webs, no lights... just sort of go au natural as it were.

18. Do you think Halloween is too commercial these days? Do you miss classic Halloween costumes or traditions from your childhood?

I miss the Halloween of my childhood with horror movies for two weeks on a local station... and a general appreciation of the holiday on the airwaves. Seems like it has largely retreated to make way for more Christmas.

No comments: