Saturday, September 08, 2007

Week 17: Pageant of the Transmundane

I always love a great burn, especially when the person being burned really deserves it.

I had discovered The Feck on Stumbleupon last week, and after checking back in this week, I discovered to my great pleasure that they've found something good... something very very good indeed.

It seems that Tori Amos has something rather caustic to get off her chest during her recent tour and employing her gift as a singer-songwriter, well, she expressed them through song.

She wrote a little ditty called I'm not stupid which puzzles over the poor choices that 21-year old Hollywood celebutantes make, and some that older celebrities make as well. On a scale of 1 to 10 of burns, it is a solid 7 or 8 really. That is some fine redhead on redhead rippage.

And since the artist involved in this week's winning entry makes her living at the piano, the most fitting image I could think of was of course, Homer Simpson in front of the piano. Once again, we have a winner of the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award.



Congratulations Jeremy Hertz and the rest of the fine crew at The Feck for winning this honor, which is especially impressive since your blog started about two weeks ago.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

No comments: