Monday, September 24, 2007

Stuff floating around my mind


  • How is Britney Spears getting a summons from an accident in August news? Really... getting tired of hearing about her now. Well, I've been sick of hearing about her for quite a few months now. So I am shutting up about her again and trying to get back on the horse when it comes to my blogging resolutions this year.

  • I was flipping through an old issue of Rolling Stone listing the 500 top singles of all time and in the back, there was a list of people who were contributed to the list. Most of the people were musicians, but those who weren't usually had a second line listing who they were and thus explaining why their opinion mattered. Of course, a few of the musicians involved like a few members of The Donnas also had such a subtitle. Now, I thought it was funny that the editors of the magazine thought that both Jakob Dylan and James Hetfield needed such captions as well. I guess that is their subtle way of saying that those two artists were past their culturally relevant prime.

  • Demi Moore finally took Ashton Kutcher's last name. Well, on everything but movie bylines, because she feels the last name she picked up from her first marriage is a lot more valuable than the name she has on her passport, driver's license and credit cards.

  • If I didn't listen to the podcast at the BBPS today, I would have never heard the term Unicorn Rape. I think I could have gone the rest of my life not thinking of that. That Second Life is a weird, David Lynchian place.


No comments: