Saturday, July 14, 2007

Week 9: Pageant of the Transmundane

Sometimes the transmundane lies in revealing a universal truth that had not yet been put in such a succinct and purified manner, and this week's winner exemplifies that spirit.

Nicole Lee, who runs a few blogs related to her myriad of activities in the artistic and fashion universe, and I just happened to stumble upon them this week. She is very talented, and I sort of envy her skillset.

That being said, it was my first exposure to her work that won her this award.

She took a simple thought on procrastination based on certain behaviors and made comic gold, and something that I can certainly relate to, and I am sure that a lot of you readers out there will nod in agreement with this comic as well.

Therefore, I am pleased to award Nicole Lee the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award this week. And because it has to do with productivity at the computer, well, this screenshot seemed highly appropriate for this week's winner.



Congratulations Nicole on winning this award. I have a feeling it may not be your last.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Thanks for the award Matt! It's always nice to learn that somebody appreciates one's work!

I hope to publish that nifty button with a link back soon!

MC said...

And I am sure my readers will appreciate your work as well.