Monday, July 23, 2007

Three Quick Bits

  • Homer Simpson is going to be a guest on Tonight Show tomorrow. I wonder if they animated him into the chair or if he is going to appear on the television "via satellite". Either way, it should be entertaining. Of course, who out there thinks that he should have also appeared on Conan O'Brien?

  • I've noticed that in a lot of the reports about Lindsay Lohan being charged with DUI, they are using terms like "reformed wild child" to describe her. Now, is it just me, or do those adjectives seem a little premature at the moment. I don't know... it just seems a tad bit optimistic to call her "reformed". I mean, if she was clean and sober for a year and, I don't know, the charge that was being written about had nothing to do with her being shit-faced, well, perhaps you could call her reformed, but now is not the time.

  • Wow... American celebrities attend a soccer game. What a news item. Seriously, if Pele couldn't make soccer fly in the States in the 1970's, when, let's face it, there was far less competition in televised athletics because Football and Basketball hadn't reached the popularity they now enjoy, I really doubt that somehow David Beckham is going revolutionize the game in the States. And it is funny that the same day this celebrity-filled gala event took place, the under 20 FIFA tournament was coming to a conclusion as well. Which was more important in terms of that sport I wonder.



2 comments:

The Ferryman said...

I am sooo tired about hearing about Beckham and Posh already. Sadly, I fear they will not be going away soon.

MC said...

With the gang of celebrity friends they have, yeah, they aren't leaving the public consciousness for a long time.