Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Drew Carey is the new host of The Price is Right

Well, as of Drew Carey's appearance on David Letterman, he is the new host of The Price is Right, and I have to say he seems like a great choice. I know I was pushing for a year of Betty White earlier, but when I think about him interacting with people, and his experience as the host of the American version of Whose Line is It Anyway.

He is far more palatable than Rosie O'Donnell for this particular hosting job.

He is jovial to say the least, and well, even at his dirtiest, he is still likable. And since part of his appeal is his Blue Collar background, well, I think he will fit right in with the contestants.

Given the fact that four of the top contenders were the ever-tan George Hamilton, the Post-Slater Mario Lopez, John "J. Peterman" O'Hurley and chronic 90210 overactor Ian Ziering, well, Drew Carey looks so much better in comparison. I mean, he looks like he would actually have fun and laugh with the contestants, and I think that is one of the most important qualities.

Of course, I can't make a definitive assessment of his potential as a game show host until I see him perform, and I am going to get a good chance when he hosts The Power of 10 in a few weeks.

No comments: