Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A few gaming links

I am working on a couple of longer entries, so brevity is going to be hallmark of today's post which is just weird gaming-related links.

The crew at Gaming Tags solves the mystery about how weapons, items and gold are found on/in monsters after they are defeated.

A woman WOW player walks into Craigslist and makes a real world *ahem* arrangement for 5000 gold, and now I feel a little bit dirtier for having seen it.

Gamepro ranks the 52 most important games of all time. And they are wrong is so many subtle ways, and even though I do like their #1 choice, I don't agree with its placement there.

And for anyone who has played a game online... this one is for you.

Paul Levinson vs. Jack Thompson on CNBC's squawkbox

Sorry I haven't been bringing the high-quality original content that I usually do, but those longer posts are more in keeping with your expectations.

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry.

4 comments:

Bluesky_Liz said...

>>Gamepro ranks the 52 most important games of all time. And they are wrong is so many subtle ways, and even though I do like their #1 choice, I don't agree with its placement there.

I wish they hadn't put in order like that. Perhaps if they did it chronologically, the list would make more sense and demonstrate the evolution of games and gaming trends.

MC said...

I think that would have been a better way to go yeah.

Paul Levinson said...

Thanks for the link to me v. Thompson - always glad to meet another pop-culture junkie! Infinite Regress

MC said...

Mr. Levinson, I am honored you dropped by.

And I am not just a fellow Pop culture junkie, but someone who is allied with you regarding free speech issues.