Saturday, January 27, 2007

Week 37: Pageant of the Transmundane

This week was an exciting battle to the finish as there were three contenders for the ever-so-coveted Transmundanity Triple Crown, but alas, like Highlander, there could be only one.

And this week, our winner is Becca from No Smoking in the Skull Cave. Becca discovered a set of dolls designed for girls that are well... dirty, dirty dolls. Seriously, dolls for kids shouldn't be that pliable. Of course, their attire and mere general flexibility wasn't enough to win this award. So Becca decided to "direct" them in a few softcore poses, and they look far more lifelike than a few of the celebutantes working the cameras today. It is creepy and yet somehow tasteful as well, but in the end, it is also a winning entry.

And because dolls were involved, well, I couldn't miss the opportunity to whip out a photo with Malibu Stacy in it to commemorate this milestone. Congratulations on winning the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for the third time, Becca.



And here is your badge for winning it this week(though you don't display them, but it is the tradition now).



And finally, the badge for the Transmundanity Triple Crown.



The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

8 comments:

DutchBitch said...

OMG! I SO want one of those dolls... I am adding them to my wishlist!

MC said...

Well, from Becca's photos, they do seem to play rather well with others.

Becca said...

They do play well with others! I had friends over last night ho have now arranged the dolls in some sort of orgiastic fun with some of my other dolls (Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears and others). Everyone seems to love these dolls!

And super doh! moment...I'm not sure how it escaped me but I didn't realize I could display the badges on my blog. Sometimes I can be such a ditz. Now that I know they will soon adorn the blog.

Semaj said...

That was so twisted, I loved it!

MC said...

Becca: I bet G.I. Joe and Ken are groaning because they don't have the parts to play with their new female friends. I have to get you a Week 10 badge as well.

semaj: That's why it is transmundane my friend, that's why it is transmundane ;)

robkroese said...

Very nice.

Becca said...

Speaking of Ken have you seen him recently with his pompadour "real" hair he looks very...well...let's just say he doesn't look like he's interested in the ladies.

GI Joe however...he's all man!

Thanks for getting me the last badge by the way!

MC said...

I have uploaded it and it is now available for use. :)