Saturday, July 08, 2006

Week 8: Pageant of the Transmundane

Oh sweet routine, how I love thee! So it is that we have arrived at the 8th weekly Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award, and once again, this week's little slice of oddity is again a few weird products, in a hilarious commentary by the fine people over at Random Acts of Mind by Dones.

The first product video is one you have to see to believe, because Phillips and Norelco have... you know, I can't wreck it... you have to see it.

Now, the other product video... it is a super-soaker product called the Oozinator that you pump up and it shoots a viscous, white substance. I don't know why it didn't take off really. I mean, I can't imagine anything similar for boys in that age group to do with themselves, can you?

And there is bonus material too so you should check it out.

Because the article features two odd products, I just had to bring Marge into this mess as well. Hopefully it doesn't sully this prestigious award.



I congratulate Dones on giving this jaded web surfer something to shake his head about this week.

The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogosphere to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your entry up and award-ready.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At some point do all the past winners get together for reunions and potluck suppers and volleyball?

Anonymous said...

Yeah are we gonna have a tournament of champions or anything? At least a Homer Co. Christmas party???

LOL, one of my favorite Homey pics.

MC said...

Mr. Fab: Well, all you award winners can organize an event if you want. I mean, it is your prerogative and all.

Snackie: I need a better readership to make that really feasible. With my blog service whoring, it is still only about a hundred hits a day, and that is far too few. Only been around for about 70 days, so still gaining both traffic and an active readership (and I love all you beautiful people, every damn one of you)