Monday, July 10, 2006

Plagiarism: Sometimes you make me happy

I've been reading a lot of article titles lately with the same three words(or variations thereof), and each time I see them together, oh it just warms the depth of my heart. Those three words are "Ann", "Coulter", and "plagiarism".

Such sweet words, pure poetry its true... it just rolls of the tongue like nectar.

OK, enough with the silliness and onto the meat. The allegation is that Ms. Coulter sipped from many sources and didn't so much digest the material but rather regurgitated it nearly word for word like a literary bulemic in not just her most recent work Godless, but also in some of her columns as well. It used to be so hard to find plagiarized passages, but we now live in the age of iThenticate, which may be both a blessing and a curse.

Now, lest someone say that I am unfairly picking on Ann Coulter for political reasons, you have to remember that I've also taken Kaavya Viswanathan for the same thing, and I think it is sort of ironic that Crown Publishing is involved in both these incidents, as they slammed Viswanathan's apology regarding her plagiarism, but they may have a plagiarist in their own midst.

I know that this story has been floating around since the middle of last month, but I just remembered it today, and I just wanted to write about it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, this is VERY exciting news.

Not enough bad things can happen to her.

Anonymous said...

Werd, Fab, werd.

MC said...

As I said in a comment on Bulletproof Bracelets a few weeks ago... why couldn't Courtney Love have smacked her once, ONCE, before she foreswore violence for Amnesty International?

Anonymous said...

Hey good post...

I think I might lift some of it and use it in my next blog.

Don't worry I'll disguise it a lot better than she did hers.

MC said...

Well, I think you are better qualified to do that in any case than she is.