Friday, June 23, 2006

The Tenant in Room 105: Recommended

Well, there was a little shuffle on my part earlier this week as I decided to lower my price with a day remaining on the escrow, mainly because I didn't like having only a few renters to choose from. So after my second offer was posted, I decided to give my little piece of virtual real estate to Recommended.

recommended



Now, to be honest with you, I was only really familiar with this blog through other rentals, but something about it really caught my eye when I was looking at my potential tenants. Was it the visual design? Was it the fact that at the end of every post, this fine blogger had a link to her own current renter? Or was it the fact that I learned how to open a coconut? Or was it everything all together?

Now, any of you who have read my previous tenant intros know that I am all about history, not just what the blogger is doing now, and Recommended has about 6 months worth of posts to choose from.

For instance, I didn't know there was a service that allowed you to trade postcards with people around the world in a safe way, and when she mentioned the dead body guy, well, I had to chuckle.

I also learned about this thing called The Strip Generator which will allow the not too artistically inclined to do their own comic strips.... and I may look into doing that for myself.

And since I just watched The Corporation this week, I would be remiss if I didn't mention Tina's posting about Good Logo, because design and branding are such interesting subjects for me.

Now, I hope that Tina doesn't judge me too harshly as I don't give the traditional statistical boost that other landlords give. But as my former tenant, Jason Karolczak noted, I offer a different kind of exposure for a blogger and a site.

I was going to say that I recommended you go to her site, but that was too cute for me. Rather I would simply encourage you to take a long look at her site.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll check it out...

BlogMad Hit! KaBoom!

MC said...

I had a Mary Katherine Gallagher flashback there when you said BlogMad hit. I half expected you to stick your hands in your pits and smell them.