Sunday, June 04, 2006

Rejection and How to Deal with It

I happened to stop by Write Stuff this morning and by chance there was a link that just absolutely implored me to click it, and I couldn't resist the temptation.

Basically, it is the response letter most of us would love to write to a publisher that has rejected us, as written by Black Books star Dylan "Irish Hair" Moran. Now I love his standup work, and I hadn't seen this particular piece of genius until this morning.

So, if you write, prepare to laugh. You will totally understand the situation. I know I did.

Bernard's Letter. Worth the price of admission.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The trick is to learn to enjoy being rejected. Learn to find humor in your misfortunes. I suck! It's hilarious!

This also helps with dating.

MC said...

Oh, how I wish I could come back like that at some of the dating rejections I've had.

Instead of writing letters like that, I do what Paul Bettany's Chaucer did... I eviscerate them in fiction. Naked for a day, naked for an eternity sort of thing.

Anonymous said...

The more rejection, the sweeter the eventual acceptance.

MC said...

Even if I didn't like the sentiment so much, I still have to admit that it gave me a great new term to throw around: piss midget. I love it!

But of course, as they chant on that quintessentially stupid/smart game show over here: no risk, no reward.

Anonymous said...

Damn I love Bernard!!

MC said...

Well, you know what they say.... Feng Shui is nine tenths of the law.

*goes to eat a cheese thing*