Saturday, May 27, 2006

Where oh where did that video go?

I was thinking about the music of DJ Shadow while watching videos on YouTube and I noticed something. It is like the video for "You can't go home again" has just disappeared off the face of the earth. Sure, some of his other videos are entertaining, but it just isn't the same. What sort of bothers me is it isn't even listed on a lot of his bios (or at his site) now, which I find especially odd, because I know I've seen it on more than one occasion. I had to go to the

Basically, the premise is that the camera appears to swing down a dark alley where a short scene plays out(a man running). With each subsequent pass of the camera, new details and events are added to the scene, first a car and then other features as the events reset and restart on each shot. The whole thing makes it one of those ideal conceptual videos about the process of draft writing (a weird leap perhaps, but very apt in my book).

Hopefully I will find it soon, because I don't want to have to go digging through all my video tapes to find the episode of the Wedge it appeared on, because that is a lot of hassle.

On the upside, when I was looking for an mp3 to link to this entry for those of you who didn't know how DJ Shadow was, I found a sweet Yo La Tengo download at 3hive that was right up my alley.


No comments: