Thursday, January 10, 2008

Penn Jillette: Web Video Star

I love Penn and Teller as magicians, as showmen and as debunkers of myths, religion, public policies and trends. They have a good thing going, and they are damn entertaining in whatever forum they choose show their stuff.



So imagine how happy I am that Penn Jillette now has a webshow called Penn Says, which is basically like an issue-oriented set of vlogs/rants, and in the past couple of days, he has already discussed in the new bite-sized format the following topics:

Dr. Phil and Britney Spears
The Pope and his hat
Bill Gates and Global Warming
Mitt Romney and his Magic Underpants
Hilary Clinton is scary(as an individual)

From what Penn has said, it appears that Sony just gave him some cameras and told him he could talk about whatever he wanted to whenever he felt like it. To me, that is a truly exciting prospect. I look forward to seeing what he has to say over the coming weeks and months. Knowing the topics they covered on Bullshit!, I expect it to be fairly bipartisan in this election year.

2 comments:

Arjan said...

I did the 'make a band meme' over at my soundtracks blog. Had a lot of fun with it.
Check out the hot new album of Temple Block: Me in my absence.

I also have to check these vlogs.

Semaj said...

I like the way this guy's mind works. He has some interesting views. I enjoyed his Dr. Phil vlog

Thanks for discovering this.