Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Day 7

I am getting increasingly disappointed by this sale. I know part of that is just me... but this may end up being a sale that I buy less games than some of my busier normal weeks browsing the site.

It is like they are screwing with me now. 

Today's theme is Palanai Island from Dead Island Riptide.

Daily Deals

Dead Island Riptide 50% off (19.99) The trailer for the first game was the best thing this series ever did. This entry is substandard to say the least.

Mount and Blade Warband75% off (4.99) I enjoyed Mount and Blade, and the second installment Warband has a good sized mod community which put together in one instance, a good working Game of Thrones mod.

Tropico 4 Special Steam Edition 80% off (5.99) That is a good price. If you got Tropico 4 in a bundle somewhere down the line, the pack of this game with the DLC is cheaper than buying all the DLC separate.

Ace of Spades 75% off (2.49) This is a game that got destroyed going through the beta process. Avoid.

Evoland 50% off (2.49) Heard this is very disappointing. I say wait at least.

Batman Arkham City GOTY 75% off (7.49) The Batman games are very good. I have no hesitation in recommending this.

Deus Ex Human Revolution 85% off (2.99) Buy it if you don't have it. Really.

Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off (4.99) One of the most predictable things to go on sale. It is always on sale at one point during a seasonal sale.

Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes 66% off (13.59) I just don't like the fact that the DLC isn't also on sale. But this is supposed to be like a fantasy version of Civilization, so if that sounds good to you, you will probably enjoy this.

Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition 75% off (7.49) I wish I had a better processor so I could play this, even with GFWL integrated in it.

Flash Deals

Round 1 1PM-9PM

Gunpoint 40% off (5.99) A stealth game designed by a former editor of PC Gamer that is highly acclaimed. I've heard for quite a few people that this was one of the deals they most wanted.

Lego Lord of the Rings 75% off (7.49) It is exactly what the name implies. A good game and one that likely suits both target audiences.

War of the Roses Kingmaker 75% off (4.99) A first person melee weapon fighting game. I don't know how this compares with Chivalry, but this one does have a Brian Blessed voice DLC pack, which may tip the balance between the two games.

Round 2 9PM-5AM

And yet another sale on Left 4 Dead 2

Another sale for Fez and Anno 2070.

Saints Row The Third 75% off (4.99) Awesome game. Buy it and get the DLC too.

Rage 75% off (4.99) An average shooter from ID/Bethesda.

Round 3 5AM-1PM

Dirt 3 75% off (6.24) A quality racing game from Codemasters with GFWL.

Cities in Motion 2 66% off (6.79) A city simulation game where you are in charge of the transportation systems. If this is your niche, I've heard good things.

And repeats of the Witcher 2 and Antichamber sales.

--
My Steam Summer Sale Running Total: $85.78 - Euro Truck Simulator 2, Scribblenauts Unlimited and RPG Maker VX Ace and the addons, 14 Summer Sale card earned, 2 sold, 1 traded and a Football Manager Summer Sale background bought for 3 cents. 

No comments: