Monday, March 25, 2013

About The Bioshock Infinite Cover...

A few weeks back I mentioned on Twitter that I hoped that English actress Olivia Colman received payment for her likeness rights on the Bioshock Infinite cover art

Like it can't just be me who sees the resemblance, but it seems no one else has mentioned it at all.

Here is the character of Elizabeth as presented on the cover of the game:


And here is Olivia Colman from some of her sketch comedy work in the early part of the 2000's:



I mean, the same chin, similar eyes, eyebrows and lips. I saw the resemblance immediately. And the strange thing is, Elizabeth doesn't look like Olivia Colman in the game... just on the cover.

2 comments:

Semaj said...

Yeah, that seems strange. I know that they got permission from the models-likeness in MGS4 with the boss characters.

The character model in the game has gone through some changes as well over the years and they made her look more like a cosplayer than what was originally intended.

Kristyn said...

THey do look alike! Of course, I see resemblances everywhere. For instance, I play 7th Sea (tabletop RPG) and the cover of one of the country books, Castille, has both Leonardo Di Caprio and David Duchovny. I mean, check this out http://teresenielsen.deviantart.com/art/7th-Sea-Castille-64114524. So yeah. I know where you're coming from on this one. :)