Friday, January 06, 2012

I'm BACK!

Well, it has been a while since I've updated this blog, at least by my standards, but if you can't take a holiday once in a while, then what fun is the world? The fact that the break took place around the same time as Christmas, New Year's and the Steam Holiday Sale is likely purely coincidental.


Over the past two weeks or so, I've had some time to think about just what I want this blog to become.

I mean, I've been doing this for a long time at this point and to keep it interesting for myself, I have to perhaps freshen some things up. What is the point of doing the same thing over and over again. Like how many times can I condemn another remake or make fun of a celebrity (which in my defense, the latter I haven't been doing nearly as often as I once did).

And I posted a lot more pictures lately, but part of that was my way of posting without really writing anything, which is sort of cheap. Geeky pictures should be a supplement to written posts, not a substitute, especially since I wasn't developing that content myself.

So I have to get back to my roots, to the things that made this blog great at one point... you know, Chinese food containers, tales of karaoke and weird experiences playing games, remembering movies, and the like. I want things to be fun and informative like they used to be.

I just want things to be awesome again. How awesome?

I don't know... the image I have in my mind is of a nuclear-powered B-52 flown by bears dropping napalm on Nazi zombies and the Scientology Celebrity Center, which has a fireworks stand on the top floor, in the middle of the night.

So, there is still a lot of life left for Culture Kills... I just have to find it.

1 comment:

Semaj said...

Welcome back, the blog-sphere needs good bloggers.