Friday, June 10, 2011

Yet Another Reason Why I Can't Play MMORPG's

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been blogging with the same regularity or length of posts lately, and there is a good reason for that.

You see, last Monday I had a new video card installed on my computer, so I was able to play some of the games I bought on Steam that I hadn't had a chance to before.

One of those games happens to be Team Fortress 2, which is a fun, silly shooter with hats... lots and lots of hats.

Anyway, I started playing the game on June 2nd, and on the 3rd, Valve started a double drops week, meaning that I was getting a lot of weapons, which is an excellent start to campaign with the game.

However, I think I went a little overboard... because I've enjoyed getting the drops so much that I played a little longer than I would have wanted to over the past week.


Um, yeah. That isn't healthy at all. And the thing is, since I bought The Orange Box in December, Team Fortress 2 was essentially free for me to play, so I am just imagining how much I would feel compelled to play if I was paying to play every month, since I am a little cheap, so I would want to get value for my money. And the idea that I might get something good for my character if I keep playing would, as it has been shown above, keep me playing when I may have ended a session.

Don't get me wrong, TF2 is a lot of fun, but without the double drops, I don't think it is 42 hours in 9 days fun (granted, a lot of that was weekend play, but still). That is just because I am a weak, weak man.

No comments: