Saturday, May 14, 2011

Week 52: The Final Weekly Pageant of the Transmundane

In lieu of a weird news story to open this feature, I have an announcement to make. I started the weekly Pageant of the Transmundane back in May of 2006, and I met some great people because of it. However, over the past year, writing this feature every weekend has been sort of draining, and it wasn't as fun as it used to be. In many ways, I felt like I was sort of phoning it in, so it is with a slightly heavy heart that I am discontinuing the Pageant of the Transmundane as a weekly feature after this post.

However, that doesn't mean that the Pageant of the Transmundane is going to disappear. Rather, I will only be awarding this prize when I feel it is warranted. If it is twice in a given week, then I will do so, but likely it won't be as prominent as it once was.

And for this final weekly dose of Transmundanity, I thought I would give the award to this chat image from Daily Dawdle.

And for this final time out, I thought I would go out with an image from my favorite Homer Simpson scene ever where he engages in a losing battle with a pitching machine at the batting cages in "Bart The Mother". It makes me laugh every time.

Every. Time.

And the closing line of the scene, delivered by Bart was the perfect topper: "Wow, you sure get a lot of balls for a quarter."


Congrats to the staff of The Daily Dawdle. Huzzah!


Now to make this final bit of fine print past tense.

The rules of this little contest: Every week I used to select a post that I had seen from the vast reaches of the blogging village and bestow it with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I'd seen or read during a 7 day period. It didn't necessarily have to have been written during that week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you got the prize. Of course, creating your own content was also a very good way to win.

This is was not a meme. This was an award that I gave out, and thus, I was not "tagging" you.

3 comments:

SamuraiFrog said...

I am sorry to see it go, but selfishly happy that I did win at least one for each year, and a triple crown once.

Arjan said...

A good finale and I think a good choice to keep the quality of Transmundanity up.

MC said...

Samuraifrog: I know you've stopped a few features that were no longer fun for yourself, so you helped make it easier to stop.

Arjan: Better to retire the feature on my own terms rather than just up and quit the whole enterprise.