Monday, May 02, 2011

Obama, Osama and The Daily Show

You know, I wonder which direction Jon Stewart is going to go tonight.

I was eagerly looking forward to seeing how The Daily Show covered the White House Correspondence Dinner, because I knew that it would likely be a funny segment.

However, that was before the Bin Laden news. And I have the feeling that later in the week there is going to be a segment filled with right wing pundits talking about how Bin Laden doesn't matter and attacking the administration for killing rather than capturing him (which will be contrasted with those same figures over the past decade saying the very opposite things).

But tonight... I don't know if it is going to be a more serious start to the show, since on the subject of 9/11, Stewart is rightfully somber and often filled with righteous anger and sorrow, which leads to some of the show's most poignant moments, or is it going to be one filled with humorous triumph?

Or maybe, just maybe, it won't even come up tonight since it isn't really funny.

I guess I'll have to tune in tonight to find out and I am certainly looking forward to seeing Stewart put David Barton on the spot in a couple of days.

No comments: