Saturday, March 05, 2011

Week 42: Pageant of the Transmundane

A DUI suspect in Northern Ohio made it really easy for the officer arresting him to prove that charge. Why? Well, he continued to drink while he was being arrested. I don't know about you, but that seems pretty open and shut to me (especially if it was caught on the dashboard cam).

This week's winning entry comes to us from the relatively new blog, The Mary Sue.

In this case, it is a collection of weird things they saw yesterday, but it wasn't even the full entry that won this award.

It was the first picture, of a pair of tattoos inspired by The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, that won the day.

And since this week's winner has to do with a whale, I thought Homer as the Twitter fail whale would be an awesome way to go. This graphic was made by Edwheeler.


Congrats Susana and The Mary Sue. Here is your badge.

The rules of this little contest: Every week I will be selecting one blog post that I have seen from the vast reaches of the blogging village to bestow with the Homer Simpson Transmundanity Award for being one of the freakiest(in a funny way) things I've seen or read during a 7 day period. It doesn't necessarily have to have been written during the week, I just had to have encountered it. That means that if you find something interesting and repost it like a movie or whatever, if I saw it at your blog first, you get the prize. Of course, creating your own content is also a very good way to win.

This is not a meme. This is an award that I give out, and thus, I am not "tagging" you.

Now, if you see a post that you think is worthy of this illustrious prize, just drop me a line at campybeaver@gmail.com and we'll see if we can't get your suggestion up and award-ready while giving you some credit and a link to your own blog.

1 comment:

Arjan said...

gotta love that part.